Today, I am reviewing a new product called Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread. It's where
chocolate and butter peanut flavors come together in one jar of spreadable goodness. One thing I loved was the smooth consistency, very easy to spread. It was also very creamy and gooey, definitely a hit with the kids. I dipped some of my treats right into the jar, LOL. When we were sitting around the table I put it into a bowl and put the snack foods around it on a large plate. This peanut butter/chocolate spread can pretty much go on anything and make it delicious.
And no I'm not a fan of peanut butter candy but, I do like peanut butter so it was interesting to see how I would like the tastes. We loved all the food combo's I made, the banana slices covered with the Reese's Spread was their favorite. I made a plate of goodies to share which included pretzels sticks and apples slices which immediately they just dunked into the jar. I also served grapes, chocolate covered strawberries with the Reese's peanut chocolate spread and they were less liked but still disappeared. All in all the Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread was a BIG HIT and we will be buying more.
I loved that it paired with so many snacks that everyone has around the house. The pretzels were the best combo, loved the sweet and salty taste. It was a nice crispy combo with the pita chips and for the fruit it was a sweet treat that added great flavor to grapes, pears, strawberries and apples. You can also try banana chips, vanilla wafers and yes even bacon, although I have not tried these myself. Give breakfast a flavor boost by topping your waffles with it too.
I have included a recipe from Reese's that combines my love of brownies and Reese's spread.
Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Brownies
- 1-1/4 cups (13-oz. jar) REESE'S Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges.
- Beat together peanut butter spread, eggs, water and salt until thoroughly blended. Add flour, beating until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan using foil. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
Disclosure : I was given a free sample of this product from Influenster. In no way did that influence my opinions or this review. Thank you! & Enjoy =)