HOLIDAYS ARE FUN FOR ALL !!!!!
DRINK, EAT AND BE MERRY
DRINK, EAT AND BE MERRY
As the holidays are approaching fast, and company is coming over I do a search on the web for new and exciting recipes. With drinks first on my mind, I need to cover both adults and kids so I started looking on Ocean Spray, Driscoll's and Web MD food & recipes. I love to share simple and fun ideas. I chose these drinks for their RED appeal and yummy ingredients. Feel free to add your own flare to them & change up the ingredients. ;-)
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
blueberries, plus extra for garnish
aluminum free baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons
1/3 - 1/2 cup
toasted chopped almonds
FYI: Turbinado Sugar is Natural brown sugar, often less processed and healthier.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Divide the berries between six small mason jars.
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Divide the dry mix between the jars, just layering on top of the blueberries, about 1/3 cup.
- Mix the milk, butter, maple and vanilla together. Pour a scant 1/2 cup on top of the oats, letting it seep through to the bottom. Place all the jars in a baking dish, sprinkle a few fresh berries on top, and bake on the middle rack for about 30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed, tops are just browned but the oats are still moist.
- Sprinkle the tops with the toasted almonds and a pinch of turbinado sugar and serve warm!
Give the Bellini (traditionally made with Prosecco and peach puree) a makeover using fresh raspberries and ginger liqueur. Shake together with a little lemon juice and simple syrup then add to sparkling Rose for a fun and colorful cocktail. Cheers!
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Domaine de Canton (ginger liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
- 4 Driscoll's Raspberries, plus one for garnish
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) Chandon Rosé or Sparkling Rosé
- Candied ginger for garnish
- Combine the Domaine de Canton, lemon juice, simple syrup and 4 raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Top with ice and shake vigorously.
- Add Chandon Rose or Sparkling Rose in a champagne coupe glass.
- Strain shaken contents into glass with Rosé.
- Garnish with a skewer of raspberry and piece of candied ginger.
Serve it Hot
Get your holiday drink on! A hot beverage like a mulled cider (with or without alcohol) is a great, simple way to serve up something special and also serve as holiday aromatherapy the second someone walks into the door.
I just love this recipe for warm apple cider, i have made it many times and my kids love it. They use the cinnamon sticks as straws.
To celebrate the holiday season with family and friends, mix up a batch of warm blackberry cider then garnish with fresh blackberries, cinnamon sticks and oranges for a festive touch.
- 64 ounces apple cider
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries, 6 reserved for garnish
- 7 orange wheels, 3 reserved for garnish
- 4 dashes ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 6 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Remove 6 blackberries from container and set aside. Bring apple cider, remaining blackberries, orange slices, cinnamon and star anise to a boil in a large saucepot. Let simmer until the blackberries lose color. Strain and transfer to a pitcher or bottle. Serve hot or chilled. Pour into 6 glasses, garnish with a blackberry, cinnamon stick, and remaining orange wheels cut into halves.
Thanks for stopping by and please share your holidays recipes - thoughts - ideas.