Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day !!!
Here's the recipe for the above pancakes
Blueberry Lemon Syrup
Perfect to drizzle over pancakes or a bowl of ice cream, this sweet blueberry syrup has a hit of lemon flavor. The syrup will thicken when chilled so rewarm as necessary for serving.
- 2 packages (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups each) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
InstructionsBring blueberries, sugar, water, lemon juice and zest to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium low and simmer 20 minutes. Strain and let cool.
Did you know?
- Pancakes have featured in cookbooks since 1439.
- The French pancake is called a crêpe. It is thin and crispy and often served with sweet or savory fillings.
- The world’s largest pancake was cooked in Rochdale in 1994. It was 15 meters in diameter and had an estimated 2 million calories
- Ralf Laue holds the world’s pancake tossing record. He flipped a pancake 416 times in just two minutes!
Blueberry Health Benefits:
- With just 80 calories per cup and virtually no fat, blueberries offer many noteworthy nutritional benefits.
- According to nutrition expert, Tina Ruggiero, M.S., R.D., L.D., blueberries, as part of a healthy diet and exercise plan, help reduce risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as the accumulation of belly fat.
- According to the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, laboratory studies show a diet including blueberries may improve motor skills and reverse the short-term memory loss that comes with aging or age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
More Blueberry Goodness
No wonder blueberries are one of nature’s super foods: they’re fat-free, high in fiber, and deliciously low in calories. Whether you’re snacking by the handful, sprinkling them on top of treats, or baking them right in, including blueberries in your diet is an easy way to help you lose weight and stay in shape.
For more Info, Recipes and Living Healthy Tips @ Driscoll's