Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
Sunday, January 13, 2013
First, I would like to say Good luck to all the runners. I would love to be doing it with you but maybe next year. I am planning on running the Tower of Terror 10 miler or the Happy Haunted 5K this year. The training is intense but, following the Jeff Galloway training program is very helpful. He is the Official Training Consultant for runDisney.
Here is a little know story about amazing people who have a lot of fun and get some pretty great rewards. Rewards that can be measured in many ways like a great accomplishment, confidence or some great goodie bag prizes. The Medals also can also be put into the awesome rewards category, if you haven't seen them please check them out. They are worthy of any marathon and I can't wait to get mine. Here's the info on the race and the list of goodies from the website .....
The Walt Disney World Marathon will feature:
- 26.2-mile course through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks
- Disney Entertainment on-course
- Event Weekend Transportation for Walt Disney World® Resort guests
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters
- Indulge and unwind at the Downtown Disney® After Party (Sunday evening)
- Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Marathon Tech Shirt*
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary Mickey Mouse Finisher medal*
- Official Race Program Guide*
- Personalized bib (Must register by November 1, 2012 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race
- Personalized results website
|Official sneaker for runDisney|
Friday, January 11, 2013 – 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 – 11:00 a.m.
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
20 years ago this coming weekend, a little more than 7,000 runners toed the line for the start of the very first Walt Disney World Marathon. Fast forward to this Sunday, when more than 24,000 runners will take a 26.2-mile tour through our four theme parks; among them, 95 athletes who were at that first race in 1994, and have run every year since. All in all, more than 65,000 participants will take part in events ranging from the diaper dash to Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge during the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon
Weekend presented by Cigna.
The info courtesy of The Disney Blog
And don't forget you can cheer them on, it's all part of the ChEAR Squad, sounds like that's a good time too, even if your not running.
As a spectator, friend, family and/or Guest of one of our event participants, you can be a part of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend when you join the CHEAR Squad!
Registered ChEAR Squad members will get inside information and tips about race weekend and much more by pre-purchasing a package! Choose your ChEAR Squad package today! Here are is one example:
ChEAR Squad – SILVER Package includes:
- The E-newsletter included with the Bronze Package plus...
- ChEAR Squad gear which includes:
- Waterproof Stadium Blanket
- Mickey clappers (exclusive to ChEAR Squad!)
- ChEAR Squad T-shirt
There's also bronze, gold and platinum levels with more stuff.
Thanks for Stopping By ;-]
And I hope you get inspired to runDisney as I have...