Epcot is unveiling some all-new food and drink offerings for this year's International Flower and Garden Festival.
The festival runs March 6 through May 19.
This is one of my most favorite festivals that Disney puts on and here are some of the details about the festival courtesy of Disney and weshtv.com. I'm very excited this year that I now live in Florida and can get to the festival very often to share some of the greatest toparies and garden pictures. I'm also looking forward to the food which will be featured during the festival similar to the Food and Wine Festival, which will be awesome too. This will be the first time for this feature at the Flower and Garden. And I will be buying lots of souvenirs ~ pins, a shirt and a gnome Mickey perhaps ....
“What a natural progression (it is) to go from the garden to the table,” said Michael Jenner, Epcot Park Event Content Development Manager.
There will be several marketplaces that include three to four unique dishes at each.
At the Florida Fresh Marketplace, guests can enjoy watermelon salad with pickled red onions, baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction; shrimp and stone-ground grits with andouille sausage, Zellwood corn, tomatoes and cilantro; and angel food cake with Florida berries.
Other samplings, which can be paired with wines, beers or other beverages, include:
- Crab tostadas with chipotle aioli and salsa in the Jardin de Fiestas in Mexico
- A spring pancake with grilled chicken and green apple at the Lotus House in China
- Savory bread pudding with spring peas and wild mushroom ragout at the Bauernmarkt in Germany
- Green asparagus and lobster with a garden cocktail sauce at Primavera Kitchen in Italy
- Stir-fried veggies and soba noodles served in a bun at Hamai in Japan
- Spiced lamb kebabs with couscous salad at Taste of Marrakesh in Morocco
- A pig slider with cole slaw at The Smokehouse at American Adventure
- A ratatouille tart with goat cheese at L’Orangerie in France
- Heirloom tomatoes with house-made mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar and basil at The Cottage in the United Kingdom
- Fruits by the Glass Marketplace, with watermelon passion fruit cocktail, non-alcoholic wild berry slush, blueberry beer and wine, mango wine, gluten-free raspberry ale, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
- Dole Whip with Florida-made spiced rum at the Pineapple Promenade
Hope to see you there and here's to Magical Flower & Garden Festival...