All these yummy recipes were tried and loved. The sweet juiciness of the cranberry adds the right amount of tartness to the dish and I want to serve some appetizers and sides that are different and these will fit that perfectly.
On My Turkey will taste deliciuos
· 6 navel oranges
· 1 1/2 cups water
· 3 cups sugar, divided
· 1 2-ounce fresh cranberries
1. Using a micro plane or a box grater zest the skin off of the oranges, careful not to get any white pithy part. Peel the remaining skin and white flesh off of all oranges; cut into sections. Combine the zest, orange sections, 1 1/2 cups water, and 1 cup sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan; bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, and gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Mix in 2 cups sugar and cranberries to saucepan. Simmer over medium low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a thick consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove from the marmalade from heat, and cool completely in shallow pan.
Yield- 4 Cups
Craisin, Bacon and Brie Potato Gratin
Great addition to my Mashed Potatoes
· 1 ½ pound Yukon potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
· 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
· ¼ pound raw bacon, chopped and cooked
· ½ pound fairly firm Brie, rind removed, cut into cubes
· 2/3 cup Craisins
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
Cut the washed potatoes into 1/8 thick slices by using either a mandolin or sharp knife. Cut them immediately before use to keep from browning. If you need to prep ahead, submerge the potato slices in water, and pat dry before assembling.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a shallow 10-inch baking dish with butter.
Assemble a third of the potato slices in a layer in the dish. Place half of the bacon, half the cheese and half of the Craisins evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer the next third of the potatoes and remaining bacon, brie and Craisins. Season dish again with salt and pepper. Add last potato slices on top.
Blend the heavy cream, garlic and thyme and pour into the baking dish, pressing down until all the liquid is absorbed evenly. Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil and bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil from the pan and return the pan to the oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes longer, until the potatoes are very tender and the top and bottom are crusty and dark brown.
A great appetizer or even a side
· 12 oz whole cranberries
· Click to see savings
· 1/3 cup sugar
· Click to see savings
· ¼ cup diced green peppers
· ¼ cup diced red onion
· 1 seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper
· 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Add cranberries and sugar in to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add in green peppers, onions, chopped jalapeño pepper, grated fresh ginger, lemon juice, and salt into the food processor and pulse until combined. Remove from processor and mix in the chopped fresh cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve
Yield is 2.5 cups
A really Big thanks to Ocean Spray for these great recipes. And I hope your Thanksgiving is full of great food, lots of fun and Family =)