One really amazing MUST DO is to visit The Grand Floridian resort which hosts the most amazing Gingerbread House in its lobby. Now that I live here, I know how lucky I am to see it every Christmas. So with out further ado I want to share some pics I took of it.
First check out these stats on it.
The Gigantic Gingerbread House at The Grand Floridian Resort at Walt Disney World.
|WOW MOMENT =)|
The craftsmanship is amazing. The details in the gingerbread house from the powered sugar roofs to the edible flowers are so magical. I love the miniatures of everything from people to candy canes. And of course some Hidden Mickey's are there too. Take your time checking this house out. Be patient the crowds are always here.
- The house stands 16 feet high and features 40 window panes
- More than 10,000 pieces of gingerbread make up the house.
- Gingerbread house decorating demos are featured daily except Sundays
- Don't forget to go upstairs and look down on the gingerbread house there's a great view of it from up there too.
- Walk around and check all sides at least a couple of times.
|Check out the details of the miniature flowers and Christmas Trees|
- Remember to bring some cash - they sell gingerbread cookies, stollen, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate-peppermint bark (divine), gingerbread ornaments, mini-gingerbread houses for perhaps a stocking stuffer or 2.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE =)