Strawberry "Frozen" Yogurt
Prep Time Overnight Cook Time 1-2 hours freezing time
Frozen yogurt is one of those treats that everyone loves to eat, but think they need specialized equipment to make. But with this simple recipe you can make delicious, creamy frozen yogurt at home—without an ice cream maker.
The secret is removing as much water from the yogurt as possible. Water freezes solid, but the milk proteins and lipids freeze into the creamy confection that we all know and love. Once you perfect the technique of straining yogurt, you can use it to make any flavor you can come up with!
What you'll need
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces nonfat French vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon honey, sugar, or sweetener of your choice
How to make it
- Freeze 2 cups fresh strawberries overnight. Strain yogurt overnight refrigerator through a superfine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Combine the berries with yogurt in a food processor, then blend until smooth.
- Freeze blended yogurt for 1-2 hours before serving.
Thanks and ENJOY!!