Celebrating the opening of its new location in Orlando, Madame Tussauds has teamed up with Jimmy Fallon to debut five wax figures
ORLANDO, Fla.-- Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show,” joined Madame Tussauds at their New York attraction for a special launch of five brand new, never-before-seen wax figures of the popular funnyman. The event took place at Madame Tussauds New York in Times Square and will mark Fallon’s one-year anniversary behind “The Tonight Show” desk.
For the first time in history, Madame Tussauds unveiled not one, but five, unique wax figures of a single celebrity. Fallon’s figures will be housed in Madame Tussauds locations spanning the country: New York City, Washington DC, Hollywood and San Francisco. His fifth figure will be featured in the newest Madame Tussauds in Orlando when it opens May 4, 2015.
Fun Facts about the Making of the Figure
· Jimmy Fallon donated the shirt and tie for his Orlando figure.
· All five figures debuted on “The Tonight Show” on Thursday, March 26.
· It took 20 studio artists 3-4 months to complete the figures and the hair alone took 6 weeks per figure.
· Fallon’s personal hair stylist styled each of the figures’ hair."I'm honestly floored! These artists did an amazing job,” said Jimmy Fallon upon seeing his figures for the first time. “I guess I'll have to stop with the plastic surgery for at least a few years so these figures stay relevant.”
“We are thrilled to welcome Jimmy Fallon to five of our U.S. Madame Tussauds attractions, including our newest Orlando attraction opening in May this year,” said Janine DiGioacchino, Divisional Director, Midway North America, Merlin Entertainments Group. “Jimmy is beloved by fans across the world and we look forward to offering so many of our visitors the opportunity to engage with such an entertainment icon.”
Dressed in his signature suit, each figure was meticulously created by Madame Tussauds studio artists over the course of four months. Fallon worked closely with the artists who spent hours sitting with the star taking over 250 measurements, no details were overlooked including identifying exact eye color, and detailing each strand of hair.
Each Madame Tussauds figure is truly a work of art, involving teams of professional artists and sculptors who spend months on extensive research and taking more than 200 measurements to recreate world-famous icons, to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has been at the heart of the 250-year Madame Tussauds legacy.
Guests at Madame Tussauds Orlando will experience a brand new, immersive and interactive wax experience, bursting with family fun and world-class entertainment, as they move through themed areas meeting all of their favorite stars from award-winning film actors, to historical and modern world leaders, sports stars, music legends as well as figures important to Florida. All visitors can shake hands with the president, get on stage with rock stars and pop princesses, or get up close and personal with a Hollywood heartthrob and take the ultimate selfie!
For more information, visit www.madametussauds.com/orlando.
Note to Editors:
· Photo Caption: Jimmy Fallon meets his brand new figure for Madame Tussauds Orlando. Photos courtesy of Madame Tussauds
· Madame Tussauds Orlando opens at I-Drive 360 on Orlando’s International Drive May 4, 2015, for more information visit www.madametussauds.com/orlando.
· Madame Tussauds Studios London has been making wax figures for over 150 years. Each masterpiece takes four months, and a team of 20 dedicated sculptors, to create. Over 200 precise body measurements are referenced, real head hairs are inserted one by one, and countless layers of paints and tints are applied to build up skin tones - all to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has kept Madame Tussauds world renowned for over two centuries.
· Madame Tussauds has attractions in London, New York, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Washington DC, Berlin, Hollywood, Vienna, Sydney, Tokyo, Blackpool, Wuhan, Beijing and San Francisco, with Orlando poised to open May 4, 2015.
· MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 106 attractions, 11 hotels/3 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 25,000 employees.
· Merlin has twenty four attractions and one hotel in North America - including two stunning LEGOLAND Resorts – LEGOLAND Florida with its theme park, water park, and LEGOLAND California theme park with water park, SEA LIFE aquarium and themed hotel; Madame Tussauds celebrity wax attractions in New York, Washington DC, Las Vegas; Hollywood; and San Francisco; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Kansas City Missouri; Atlanta, Georgia; Boston; Westchester, New York; Toronto, Canada; a Dungeon in San Francisco; and SEA LIFE aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas/Fort Worth; the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Charlotte – Concord and Michigan - underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator. Visitwww.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
Thanks and Hope you Enjoyed this