One of my favorite entertainers can now be seen at Madame Tussands!! International superstar Pitbull met his match in Orlando, as he unveiled his new wax figure for Madame Tussauds Orlando on Friday, May 29 at the attraction’s new location at I-Drive 360, the entertainment and dining destination on International Drive.
· Pitbull met with Madame Tussauds artists in Las Vegas in May 2014 where more than 300 facial, head and body measurements were taken
· During the sitting with artists, Pitbull created an energetic and fun party atmosphere with music blasting during the session
· Pitbull was actively involved with the creation of his figure and wanted to profile his signature intense stare and power pose
· He also personally selected and donated the clothing for his figure’s outfit, including his own sunglasses
· It took more than six weeks to sculpt the figure’s head, which weighs as much as a human head at 9.9 pounds
The entertainer met with Madame Tussauds artists in Las Vegas in May 2014, where more than 300 precise measurements of his face, head and body were taken to create the true-to-life figure. Pitbull was very involved throughout the process and personally selected his figure’s pose and facial expression. He also donated the figure’s clothing - and sunglasses - to reflect his signature sophisticated style. The figure, dressed in a black tuxedo, is styled in a power pose with Pitbull’s piercing, intense gaze.
“I’m ready to see my figure! Looking back, it was a great experience to sit with the Madame Tussauds artists who worked hard to capture every detail,” said Pitbull. “Having been born and raised in Florida, it truly is an honor to have this figure in Orlando.”
The award-winning Miami-born rapper, producer and business mogul has created some of the most popular and memorable chart-topping songs to date, and collaborated with the music industry’s biggest stars to produce such smash hits such as Time Of Our Lives (featuring Ne-Yo), Fireball, Timber (featuring Ke$ha) and Feel This Moment (featuring Christina Aguilera). The influential entertainer also received the honor of performing at the opening ceremony of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
In addition to his professional career and entrepreneurial pursuits, Pitbull is a philanthropist and very active in his own community, having founded The Sports Leadership and Management Academy (SLAM) in 2013, a public charter school in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood.
Madame Tussauds is world-renowned for the creation of detailed and lifelike wax figures that pay homage to A-list celebrities from film and television, sports icons, musicians from all genres, and notable figures from history and pop culture.
Each Madame Tussauds figure is truly a work of art, involving teams of professional artists and sculptors who spend months on extensive research and taking more than 500 measurements to recreate world-famous icons, to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has been at the heart of the 250-year Madame Tussauds legacy.
Guests at Madame Tussauds Orlando will experience the essence of America with this brand new, immersive and interactive wax experience, bursting with family fun and world-class entertainment, as they move through themed areas meeting all of their favorite stars from award-winning film actors, to historical and modern world leaders, sports stars, music legends as well as figures important to Florida. All visitors can shake hands with the president, get on stage with rock stars and pop princesses, or get up close and personal with a Hollywood heartthrob and take the ultimate selfie!
For more information, visit www.madametussauds.com/orlando.
· Madame Tussauds Orlando opened at I-Drive 360 on Orlando’s International Drive on May 4, 2015, for more information visit www.madametussauds.com/orlando.
· Madame Tussauds Studios London has been making wax figures for over 150 years. Each masterpiece takes four months, and a team of 20 dedicated sculptors, to create. Over 300 precise body measurements are referenced, real head hairs are inserted one by one, and countless layers of paints and tints are applied to build up skin tones - all to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has kept Madame Tussauds world renowned for over two centuries.
· Madame Tussauds has attractions in London, New York, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Washington DC, Berlin, Hollywood, Vienna, Sydney, Tokyo, Blackpool, Wuhan, Beijing and San Francisco and Orlando
· MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 109 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
· Merlin has twenty five attractions and two hotels in North America - including two stunning LEGOLAND Resorts – LEGOLAND Florida with its theme park, water park and hotel; and LEGOLAND California theme park with water park and the SEA LIFE aquarium and themed hotel; Orlando Eye; Madame Tussauds celebrity wax attractions in New York; Washington DC; Las Vegas; Hollywood; Orlando and San Francisco; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Kansas City Missouri; Atlanta, Georgia; Boston; Westchester, New York; Toronto, Canada; a Dungeon in San Francisco; and SEA LIFE aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Michigan; Dallas/Fort Worth; the Mall of America in Minneapolis; Orlando, Florida and Charlotte – Concord, N Carolina - underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
Big Thanks to Madame Tussauds for all the pictures and info!