This is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart and I'm so glad to see the Marvel Civil War Girls talking about it. I think it's great to get more girls involved in the STEM program and it's awesome to see a challenge that encourages all our young girls to get involved. I will be discussing it with my daughter def. I would love to see her get creative and talk about all her ideas for the world. Imagine inventing something so cool the world would benefit from and perhaps even getting on the Red Carpet at the movie premier. Read on for all the details. Let's do Good!!!
And now the most interesting way to create girl power. Disney, Marvel Studios, Dolby Laboratories, Synchrony Bank, Broadcom MASTERS and Science & Entertainment Exchange, a program of National Academy of Sciences are proud to unite to present the nationwide MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE in conjunction with the May 6, 2016 release of Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War.
- The challenge invites girls nationwide, ages 15 – 18, in grades 10 -12, to submit innovative STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)-based projects that have the potential to change the world.
- Each applicant will be asked to submit a short video demonstrating her project and explaining how her science and technology-based project could make the world a better place.
- Five finalists will be selected to come to California and present their projects to a panel of experts.
- One grand prize winner will be selected from the five finalists to receive an internship with Marvel Studios.
Finalists will have the opportunity to inspire other young girls around the world by participating in a LIVE global Broadcom Masters webinar during which the girls will discuss how their STEM skills enabled them to create their projects and become a finalist of the Captain American Civil War: Girls Reforming the Future Challenge. The Grand Prize Winner will share her MARVEL STUDIOS Internship experience, giving girls everywhere a peak into STEM skills in action outside the lab and the classroom.
- Each finalist will receives --- 2 round-trip tickets to Southern Cal. for the finalist and her parent or guardian, including scheduled meals, ground transportation to and from organized activities, hotel accommodations, from April 10 through April 13, 2016; an opportunity to be on the red carpet at the World Premiere of Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” at the Dolby Theatre on April 12, 2016; a tour of the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California; and $500.00, deposited into a High Yield Savings account with Synchrony Bank.
Complete contest information will be available from March 11, 2016 through March 26, 2016. Entries willbe accepted beginning on March11, 2016 through 9:00 PM PT on March26, 2016. For applicationforms, eligibility requirements, official contest rules and more information about MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE, please visit http://www.captainamericachallenge.com
About the Contest:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest commences on March 11, 2016 and ends at 9:00PM PT on March 26, 2016. Open only to girls between the ages of 15 and 18, in grades 10 -12, as of March 26, 2016, who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Limit 1 entry per person. Winners must be able to travel on or about April 10, 2016 through April 13, 2016. See Official Rules at http://www.captainamericachallenge.com for full eligibility and entry requirements, prize description, conditions, and limitations. Void where prohibited. The official contest sponsor is Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Wow so exciting - I love this idea and more companies should definitely copy it. We need more teens involved in their future and the world's. they have great ideas so put them to work.
Thanks and Good Luck.... Please pass the word around about this opportunity!