Hundreds of Props, Set Pieces, Photographs, and Costumes Will Be On Display to Celebrate
Disney’s “Rascals, Scoundrels and Really Bad Eggs”
The Walt Disney Archives returns with an all-new exhibit, Walt Disney Archives Presents ~
A Pirate’s Life for Me: Disney’s Rascals, Scoundrels and Really Bad Eggs.” Disney’s most memorable marauders, from Peter Pan’s Captain Hook to Pirates of the Caribbean’s Captain Jack Sparrow, will be on display July 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center during the biennial event, presented by D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.
The 12,000-square-foot exhibit, located on the Expo show floor, will honor Disney’s treasured pirates from film, television, and the beloved Disney parks attraction that has thrilled guests from Anaheim to Shanghai. Hundreds of iconic and never-before-seen items will be on display.
Objects featured in the exhibit
- Audio-Animatronics figures from the original Disneyland attraction,
- a ride vehicle from Peter Pan’s Flight, and artwork
- imagery from Treasure Island, Peter Pan, as well as an unproduced Donald Duck animated short, featuring the irascible duck searching for swashbuckler gold.
- Davy Jones’ pipe organ,
- 23 ft tall model of the Black Pearl ship, the Dead Men’s chest,
- more original props/set pieces, including items from the new film,
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Also on the show floor, the Archives will present “Fantastical Fashions,” a dazzling selection of dresses worn by beloved heroines and sinister villainesses. Costumes from six of Disney’s live-action fantasy films will be showcased including Enchanted (2007), Maleficent (2014), and Beauty and the Beast (2017).
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission, $59 for children 3–9. Membersof D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission, $53 for children 3–9. Multi-day tickets are also available.
For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23Expo.com.
thanks and enjoy!! :-)